Help Us Grow!
Horticultural therapy, outdoor recreation, environmental education, and the other goals of this project are part of family-centered care at CHOP, the extra services that facilitate healing and improve patient experiences but generate no income. The Hospital is only able to offer these services thanks to the generosity of private donors. Groundswell Designs and other area garden businesses have helped CHOP develop a spectacular plan for this space through donations of their time and expertise. Now we need your help to bring the garden to life.
The Sea Garden at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia will:
- Help patients heal and rehabilitate
- Inspire, educate and entertain patients, families and staff
- Bring the outdoors to children who must spend a lot of time inside
- Build community among patients, families and staff
- Encourage healthful nutrition and activity
- Encourage environmental stewardship
- Have the potential to grow to other areas of the Hospital
- The garden will be a place of nurturing for children sick and well. Just as they have different needs, the garden will host different plants: natives, edibles and eye-pleasing shrubs and flowers.
- The garden will be a place where patients and families can be invigorated and also find peace. It will be a colorful, fragrant, living extension of our mission, helping children with different challenges bloom and grow to the best of their abilities.
Plant the Seeds for the Sea Garden
Your donation can help CHOP realize this vision of a garden on the outdoor playdeck at Children's Seashore House. Please join with us by making a donation.